Somonauk CUSD 432 Updates and Resources
Stay up-to-date by doing the following:
- Bookmark this page: http://somonaukil.apptegy.us/o/somonauk-cusd-432/page/covid-19-updates-and-resources--5
- Download the Somonauk app: App Store, Play Store
UPDATES FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT: 9/16/20
Dear Somonauk Bobcat Families:
We want to make our staff and families aware that today, we were notified of a confirmed positive case of the coronavirus with one of our Somonauk High School staff members. We are coordinating our efforts with the DeKalb County Health Department (DCHD) to promptly identify and monitor individuals who may have had recent close contact with the COVID-19 positive individual to prevent further spread.
If you do not hear anything from either the Somonauk School District or the Health Department, you and/or your student have not been identified as being in contact with this individual. Given the importance of confidentiality, no names, classes or other personal information will be provided.
Moving forward, the administration will continue to work with the DCHD to identify and notify any individual that may have been exposed. Please continue to emphasize the importance of practicing safe and healthy habits, including wearing masks, washing hands, and staying at least six feet from others.
To minimize the spread of the disease, Somonauk School District will continue taking the following steps:
- Continuing self-certification of staff and students
- We recommend that everyone continue to monitor their health and stay at home if they develop symptoms. Symptomatic persons should contact their health care provider to determine the plan of care and discuss testing. Anyone who develops severe symptoms should seek medical care immediately
- Disinfection of identified spaces impacted is occurring per cleaning protocols.
- Somonauk School District continues to follow protocols for disinfection (routine and high-touch cleaning) reinforcing the importance of wearing face masks at all times, encouraging social distancing, and providing an opportunity for hand washing or hand sanitizing multiple times a day.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your student’s school.
Somonauk School District Superintendent
UPDATES FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT: 8/24/20
We will be providing multiple opportunities for parents of students in K-8 to receive educational support materials from the school. These materials include Chromebooks, textbooks, manipulatives, and other supports arranged by grade level. Materials for HS students will depend on course and teacher so they will receive additional communication if they need to pick up supplies. In order to maintain safety and accommodate working parents, we have multiple options available.
Tuesday: We will have a drive-thru pick up at the circle drive on Market Street at the HS gym. This will take place from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm. Parents will drive up and give the names of their child/children and we will bring the materials to your car.
Wednesday: Buses will deliver materials to the homes of those who did not pick up on Tuesday evening. Due to the nature of what is being delivered, we will not leave items on a doorstep. The delivery will take place between the hours of 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. We will knock and wait for an answer and if no one is home we will return the materials to the school. We will also have a second pick up Wednesday evening from 4-6 for any leftover materials. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the school.
This email does not apply to families who chose option #2 and have already received a Chromebook
SOMONAUK RETURN TO LEARN PLAN FOR FALL 2020
Somonauk RETURN TO LEARN Plan for FAll 2020
July 15, 2020